We offer a diverse range of career opportunities, from supporting students studying for a University of London degree around the world, supporting the growth and expansion of the organisation in one of our central support?teams such as property and facilities management, finance and planning or one of the many libraries, or working?within CoSector, the home of professional and student support services for the education sector and beyond including digital and IT?careers?in housing services?and careers?consultancy for higher education students and graduates.
Our?School of Advanced Study and nine institutions form the UK's national centre for the?support?and promotion?of research in the humanities and offer many exciting academic career?pathways.
The University of London offers a range of employee benefits
- Generous annual leave: 27 days or 30 days dependent upon level, university closure days and Bank Holidays
- Excellent pension schemes
USS for academic and managerial staff and SAUL for clerical staff
- Training: Range of staff development activities and wider educational opportunities
- Salary sacrifice?schemes?including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Free eye care vouchers and contributions towards eye care
- Free entry to the Courtauld Gallery
- Free membership to Senate House Library
- Flexible working and activity-based working
- Staff Association and other societies including choir, football, martial arts and drama
- Interest-free season ticket loan available after completion of probation
- Employee Assistance Programme: A confidential service which provides practical information and emotional support on a wide range of topics
- Housing service: Advice on a range of private accommodation issues
- Student Central Gym: Free to join for staff members and discounted associate membership
- Career Support: Careers coaching and advice on CV writing and applications
Our competency model identifies key behaviours for our employees to perform effectively in their role. It outlines behaviours which apply to all jobs within the university and are used for recruitment and selection, as well as our annual appraisal process. Some roles have further technical or job-specific competencies which have not been listed within the core competencies, this information will be added to the job description.