To enhance the student experience and improve student achievement through the deployment of open and distance education.
What we do
- coordinate an advocacy and development network in the University of London Federation, within the UK and internationally
- raise awareness of and promote discussion about learning and teaching innovation
- manage the distribution and monitoring of Teaching and Research Awards?for the University of London
- provide training, capacity building, knowledge management, development funding and consultancy services
- organise?development events?including symposia, seminars and conferences
- manage the work of a panel of experts and specialists, to provide recognised expertise of the highest standards.
- promote excellence in teaching that is focused on distance learning
- promote research into distance education within the University of London
- enhance distance learning and its status in higher education
- foster and evaluate pedagogic, technological and organisational innovation
- facilitate dissemination of best practice within the community of London Member Institutions, within the UK and internationally.
Who we are
Our core function is to support the University of London?and member institutions by promoting best practice in distance and open education.
The University of London Worldwide Senior Leadership Team (SLT) has oversight of these activities.
There are currently 26 CDE Fellows drawn from across the University of London member institutions, and from thought leaders in the area of distance and open education.
Note:?All student enquiries should be made to the Student Advice Centre or via the Student Portal.